Thursday, August 23, 2012

Kid Speak

We like stickers at our house. When Jacob is working on establishing a good habit, we use a sticker chart for positive reinforcement. He fills in a row, he gets to pick something from the prize box. I like to mark the days I have worked out with a sticker in my planner. It's a "job well done" reminder when I look at my schedule. This afternoon Jacob saw my open planner, and said to me, "Mom, when you fill up your sticker chart, you get to be skinny." (Yes, we've had that conversation before.)
Mom: "You're right, son."
Jacob: "That's not a good thing!"
Mom: "Why not?"
Jacob: "I don't like it because it's not a toy."
Ha Ha Ha! I guess toys are the only worthy prize when you're four!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I hope that you like the prize of being skinny. It does wonders for the children to have a happy cheery Mommy!