Saturday, May 30, 2009

Trip to Denver

At the beginning of the month, the opportunity to travel to Denver, CO for a business conference fell into Brian's hands. Of course he said yes, and Jake and I tagged along for a week of fun in the Colorado sunshine. I have an Auntie and cousins there, so it was fun to spend lots of time with them. Here are some of the highlights of our trip in pictures.

I love the expression on Jake's face! I think he likes to hear himself laugh because he does this funny little forced laugh. Pretty cute!

Like the shirt? It says, "Chick Magnet" :P

The family at Red Rocks Ampitheater--an outdoor theater with some of the best acoustics. The list of music artists that have played there is amazing...from the Beatles to U2 to the Doobie Brothers to even MoTab. We didn't hear a concert, but it was a beautiful place.

At the Colorodo Rockies game--Jake's first baseball game. He lasted until about the 4th inning and then it was time to call it a night. The Rockies were getting slaughtered anyway...

The first taste of a lemon, and he liked it! Look at him sucking on the slice.


With Auntie Fra Fra at the Denver zoo. This was inside the monkey house, but the flash on my camera nixes any sight of a monkey...except for maybe the one in her arms.

The pink flamingos at the Zoo.

We had a blast in Denver and so appreciated all the love and attention from Aunt Francie and the boys. We miss you and can't wait for Irvington in July!!

3 comments:

Vanessa Honda Photography Blog said...

Oh my goodness, Jake is just the cutest kid ever. I sure wish I could get my camera on him! It looks like you guys are having a great time! Take care!

Nessa

kado! said...

how fun! Looks like you guys got some nice Sunshine in Denver! What do you think of this weather here....I am getting sick of the rain!!!! I want some SUN and Beach weather!

...hey...your blog does not have your e-mail address listed...I was gonna respond to your last comment you sent me... but it is not really appropriate to do so here in your comment box! LOL! Send me your e-mail address! mine is

kado1978@gmail.com

Rebecca said...

looks fun. i miss the west. nice new background. i was thinking of changing mine too. i saw Pearl Jam at that amphitheatre during college. my,how my life has changed since then. no i was not a partier.