Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Trip to Breckenridge

We spent Memorial Day weekend up in the mountains, in the lovely little town of Breckenridge. The ski and snow season is over, and springtime activities abound. Though vacationing with small children doesn't always afford me the freedom to do what I'd like to do, at least we got out of the house for a few days. We wandered through town on the bike path, watched people fly fishing in the river, hiked the loop above Dillon Lake, ate at a restaurant every day (very important to Jacob!), and played at the local children's museum.  Despite the daily interruptions necessary for my little one (i.e. naptime) we had a wonderful time and would love to return.

 Fishing on the dock of the bay, wasting time...

 Jake found bear scat!

 Fireman Jake!

 A rhinoscerous and a deer

 I don't think Makenna liked it

Dr. Jacob, about to give the patient a shot

 the Little Miss

 Brian & Lisa--always the self portrait...guess that's how it goes when I'm the one who's always behind the camera.

The view overlooking Dillon Lake

Jake says, "I loved being a dragon!"

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Looks like a blast! Hope you return soon!

Holly said...

You have such a lovely family. I'm so glad your dreams came true. :) xoxoxo!!!